TASCAM has released TASCAM Hi-Res Editor, a free application that plays and edits up to 11MHz DSD or 384kHz WAV files. The software allows playback and export of DSD files without converting to PCM audio. This free app is available now as a free download for Windows, with a Mac OS X version coming soon.
DSD Audio can be played through USB devices that support it, such as the TEAC UD-501 and HA-P90SD. In cases where a PCM interface is used, or even the computer’s built-in audio, the software automatically plays DSD back through the interface at any sample rate. A section of the DSD recording can be exported as a new file, either in DSD or WAV format, to separate one long performance into individual tracks.
Two DSD files can also be combined into a new file, for example when a file over 2GB is divided. In addition to the above, Hi-Res Editor can change the gain of WAV format audio.
Ideal for users of TASCAM’s hi-resolution recorders like the DA-3000, this free Hi-Res Editor software is one of the only ways to edit native DSD master recordings.
- Native DSD audio editing and playback, at sampling rates from 2.8MHz to 11.2MHz
- WAV file editing and playback support up to 384kHz/32-bit
- Uses standard ASIO 2.1 audio drivers
- Set in and out points with waveform audio display for trim/export
- Set overall gain of file (PCM files only)
- Split long files into multiple tracks
- Combine function joins two audio files into one
- Convert audio files from DSD to PCM or vice-versa
- Convert PCM sampling frequency and bit depth
- Runs on Windows (using Windows Standard audio driver or ASIO 2.1)