M-Audio’s name is synonymous with MIDI controller keyboards, so it comes as no great surprise to discover that it has a new range of them on the way.
With its Mondrian-esque design, the new Code Series is certainly striking. As is often the case, there are 25-, 49- and 61-note models, all of which share some common specs.
- Smooth-feel, semi-weighted keybed with aftertouch
- 16 velocity-sensitive pads with LED feedback
- Touch pad for X/Y axis control
- USB Bus powered for portability and ease of use
- 5-Pin MIDI Input, and Output jacks allowing you to control your favourite synths
- Assignable pitch & mod wheels, knobs, faders, buttons (with macro ASCII support), and transport control with Mackie Control and HUI modes
- Split keyboard with four assignable zones
- Expression and Sustain pedal inputs
- 6-digit LED display
- Each keyboard also ships with a software bundle that includes Ableton Live Lite, AIR Music Technology Loom and Hybrid 3. Automatic mapping to a range of popular DAWs is promised.