Developer: Karoryfer Samples
Instead of trying to accurately recreate the sound of a double bass, Ironface is instead designed to be an anachronistic combination of acoustic bowed sounds, large numbers of unison voices per note like one might find in a modern digital synth, and controls typical of simple analog synths.
It can produce warm and organic versions of many classic sounds, from resonant bass plucks to string machines.
- Selectable number of unison voices – 1, 3, 5, 7 or 17.
- Two selectable sets of samples.
- Randomized sample playback start points and phase relationships between voices.
- All samples looped for infinite sustain.
- Detune and width controls.
- Vibrato speed and depth.
- AHDSR volume envelope.
- Resonant low-pass filter.
- Filter envelope with depth, attack and decay controls.
- All controls accessible from the GUI and mapped to MIDI CC.
- 20 presets including string sounds, basses, pads, plucks and an organ.
- 22.9 MB download size.