Developer: Impact Soundworks
The debut instrument in our VENTUS Ethnic Winds series of beautiful solo instruments. Includes 15 playing techniques and 600 pre-recorded phrases – 6,000 samples in total! An ornament system allows for unique, authentic performances and TACT (Total Articulation Control Technology) provides the ultimate solution for fully customizable mapping.
The shakuhachi is an ancient end-blown flute used in Japanese music for over 1,300 years. Performing the instrument and using techniques like vibrato is significantly different than Western flutes and recorders. Its five (pentatonic) holes can produce several octaves of pitches with breathy, serene, and emotional tones.
Our shakuhachi library is performed by Josh Plotner, who captured all key articulations and playing techniques of the instrument: from straight sustains and vibrato to bends, ornaments, and phrases.
- Over 6,000 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics
- 6 types of sustain articulations
- True legato playing w/ adjustable settings
- 5 different release ornaments
- 12 types of trills (fast, slow, multi intervals)
- 600+ phrases of multiple lengths and styles
- Phrases & breaths also provided as WAV
$99/ For a limited time, order now to get an instant $25 store coupon