A transient happens every time there is a sudden change in audio level, this plug-in is designed to handle this event and let you decide if you want to increase it and make the sound more snappy or decrease it and put the focus on the body of the sound.
Thanks to intelligent auto release and auto output adjustment, Spikes allows you to handle most of the situations with just the “spikes level” knob, but if you need finer adjustment you can tweak:
- the detected peak length.
- the release speed.
- reduce the weight of low frequencies thanks to the detector high pass filter.
- impose an upper and lower limit to the gain applied.
- Relative threshold gain manipulation
- Adjustable amount of gain applied
- Adjustable output level
- Auto output level
- Upper and lower gain limiting
- High pass filter on the detector
- Adjustable detector attack and release
- Auto release time based on tempo song
- Gain meter
- Input and output peak meters
- Mac OS X (>=10.6 Intel only) and Windows support
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3, RTAS and AAX format