Developer: Air Music Technology
Xpand!2 is a multitimbral workstation offering four active sound slots, or parts, per patch. Each part is provided with its own MIDI channel, Note Range (Zone), Mix, Arpeggiation, Modulation, and Effects settings—an excellent method for creating individual parts.
Harnessing the four parts together to build one amazing Patch is where Xpand!2 reveals its true power. The Voice Mode for each part can be set to polyphonic or monophonic. Polyphonic parts can have up to 64 voices; monophonic parts offer First, Last, Highest, or Lowest priority making it easy to designate a bass, lead, or solo instrument.
Using everything from wavetables and FM synthesis to sample playback, the expert sound design team at Air Music Tech has carefully created thousands of ready-to-play Xpand!2 patches. Creating your own is easy, too. Parts can be quickly browsed and are conveniently sorted into 29 categories, offering a simple path to find just what you’re looking for.
- Four-channel multitimbral operation
- Up to four stereo instrument parts per patch
- Up to 64 voices per part; Mono or Poly voice modes
- Smart Knobs provide intuitive sound editing
- Easy Edit Knobs control the entire patch at once
- Two digital effects processors; 50 editable effect types
- Individual arpeggiation control for each part
- Multiple sound generation engines:
- Subtractive Synthesis
- FM Synthesis
- Sample Playback
$1 until August 31, 2016