Developer: Francis Preve
As a bonus for the release of my new EP – Weeble – I’ve put together a collection of Simpler patches from one of the synths I used on the EP, the Dave Smith Instruments Pro-2
For those who aren’t up to speed on the Pro-2, it’s Dave’s latest monophonic synthesizer, based on the Prophet 12 architecture – but with new features like paraphonic mode, an Oberheim SEM style state-variable filter, and loads of modulation amenities. Here’s my full review for Keyboard Magazine.
Several of the patches are based on existing Pro-2 presets, a few are heavily tweaked.
- Big Room Reese – That classic bass sound we all know and love.
- House Chord – Square wave chord with resonant filter envelope.
- Sheet Metal – Giant metallic hit that really shows off the Pro-2’s cross-mod power.
- Knarly Voice – Sounds a bit like a distorted sitar.
- MiniFunk – A variation on one of the synth elements in “Oooh.”
- ProWhat – Pro-2 preset that nails the big Prophet sound.
- Woodie – Percussion sound with a touch of wobble.
- Sub Oct Bass – Can be used as a pluck or a bass, depending on the octave range.