Developer: Samples From Mars
We missed 8/08 day because we were extremely busy completely overhauling the 808 From Mars. Using a different 808, we re-recorded our 808 samples entirely, this time tuning them, recording saturated and clean versions, re-pitching every hit on tape and more. We then combined this with our original 808 samples, and made some killer Ableton, Logic & Kontakt instruments.
The 808 is easily the most recognized drum machine in history. It’s responsible for the birth of countless genres – hip hop, electro, techno, house, trap, and a variety of sub-genres too countless to mention. But although it was created in early 1980, it is still a favorite among many, and can be heard on everything from an Afrika Bambaataa record to Lil Jon dirty south radio hit to a LIES techno 12″.
- 900 Total 24bit WAV Samples organized into folders for easy navigation
- 100% analog signal path – no plugin processing whatsoever
- Clean recordings give you maximum flexibility and punch
- Saturated recordings give you a head start with color, character and loudness
- Tuned Kicks and Congas – the only sample pack to analog – tune kicks on tape
- SP-1200 Tuned Kicks
- Re-Pitched on Tape: the only 808 pack to re-pitch every hit multiple times on tape, giving you more analog tunings than the orignal unit offered
- WAV: 6 Kits folders get you started immediately without sample hunting.
- WAV: Folder organization lets you easily navigate through hundreds of 808 samples when needed. Tuned samples include root note name in filename
- Ableton Live 9.5: 1 Expertly mapped Drum Rack with sample selector macros on every pad, filtering (with drive options), and unique parallel FX. 8 Chromatic Instruments for playing melodies.
- Kontakt 5.5 & Logic EXS: 28 instruments including: (2) Kits Instruments feature 6 pre-mapped drum hits for instant playability, individual hit instruments, and chromatic instruments